We get it! It’s Monday, and it’s rough getting back into the swing of things. Well, our innovation kitchen just mastered another way to allow you more time to hit that snooze button and still have time to reward yourself for getting up for another busy week. Katie picked a wonderful fan favorite that would even knock off Dave Grohl’s socks (of the Foo Fighters)…FRENCH TOAST!! On top of this recipe only taking less than 10 minutes to whip up, there are a couple other perks:
- Super inexpensive: You can grab a cake slice for less than $2, and with the thickness, preparation, and tasting profile, it is comparable or less expensive than a lot of breakfast houses all in the comfort of your own home.
- More variety: Make it interesting by using multiple slice flavors on the same plate to create a “French Toast Flight” for more variety.
- Wow factor: If you’re cooking for other special people in your life, you can create that “wow factor.” Check out the usual vs. ours!
Vanilla extract and cinnamon bring a richness of flavor to French toast. Pick your favorite NeMo’s Slice – Lemon, Carrot, Strawberry n’ Crème,
Marble, All Butter, or Golden Pound, Chocolate Chip Pudding, or Chocolate Chip with Chocolate Puddin.. Serve with maple-flavored syrup
1 teaspoon Pure Vanilla Extract
1/2 teaspoon Cinnamon, Ground
1/4 cup milk
NeMo’s Slices (approx. 2-3 slices)
- Beat egg, vanilla and cinnamon in shallow dish. Stir in milk.
- Dip slice in egg mixture, turning to coat both sides evenly.
- Cook slices on lightly greased nonstick griddle or skillet on medium heat until browned on both sides.
Please feel free to dress it up even more. A couple of blueberries, a strip or two of bacon, or some flambéed bananas if you are feeling fancy would really add some extra “Oomph”! Check us out on Facebook. Twitter, Instagram, and Pinterest to let us know what you think of this recipe and check out more of our Innovative Kitchen Creations.